The original recipe called for dividing this dessert into individual servings, but I wanted to bring it to a party so I decided to make it into a pie. I also decided to add a layer of strawberries to complement all the chocolate. It turned out to be absolutely delicious and relatively simple. You can also buy a pre-made Oreo crust if you want to cut back on prep time.
No-Bake Nutella and Strawberry Cheesecake
- 12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, margarine or vegan spread, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6-8 strawberries, thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a pie pan to form a crust layer. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in half of the whipped topping in until well blended and no streaks remain. Remove the crust from the freezer and evenly spoon the filling on top. Top with the strawberry slices and remaining whipped cream.